The only software that I can think of off the top of my head is PeopleSoft, more specifically, GullNet. GullNet is basically the main place that students can go if they need to register for classes, look up classes to take in the future, find out about financial aid, and look at their transcript. It has a lot of resources within the one piece of software and I feel that is a decision making software for many students.
Along with this, I feel that many search engines can be considered decision making software. For example, if you Google restaurants in a city that you are unfamiliar with, Google may help you find the place that you will eat that night.
This shows that there are various types of decision making softwares, and you may utilize them without even knowing it.
I agree that most of us probably use decision making software on a daily basis without even realizing it. I think it is due to the fact that we use technology everyday and we're so used to using it we don't even realize that it is helping us make simple decisions.
ReplyDeleteI agree that since we use technology throughout the day so much, we forget when we are actually using decision making technology.
ReplyDeleteWith these pieces of software, that we are becoming increasingly reliant on, will we ever get to meet the wizard behind the curtain???
ReplyDelete