Sunday, September 18, 2011

Got a Secret?

One of my favorite websites to look at is called PostSecret. This website/following was started by Frank Warren in 2005 as a way for anyone in the world to anonymously post their secrets. People can decorate or design postcards which are then sent to the Germantown, where PostSecret is located. The guidelines are that the secret has to be completely truthful and never been spoken before. In the first two years that the website was up and running, PostSecret received 2,500 postcards.

The reason I wanted to share this website with everyone in the class because, every Sunday when a new set of postcards is revealed on the website, I read through them and try to picture myself in this person's shoes. Reading each one is eye-opening and puts things very much into perspective.

Maybe seeing this website will encourage someone in our class participate in this world-wide project.  www.postsecret.com

1 comment:

  1. I love PostSecret as well! I check it every Sunday for the new secrets and have several of the books. Frank Warren came up with a genius and innovative idea that I think really helps people feel connected to others.

    ReplyDelete